Wednesday, June 24, 2009

When life hands you eggs...

You don't make boiled eggs. Not scrambled. Not poached. Not even an omelet. You make what you call the boyfriend girlfriend Sunday special.

I don't know why the boyfriend and I ever think it's a good theory to make breakfast after a hard night out. The brain doesn't work and we can easily be confused by what the heart wants and what the arms and legs can't do. But, occasionally, this disaster of an idea follows through.

Hence, the guacamole, egg, salsa, cheddar, fennel onion loaf of a creation.
Why we didn't just eat it as it is... I don't recall. Why we wanted bread... Probably to soak up those tainted stomachs. Why we still kept going with the idea and didn't just hit up Clinton Street Bakery for some pancakes... we were probably cheap. We went ahead with it. The bread, the egg, the whole nine yards.

While piling the sandwich, we noticed an overwhelming Jenga effect. I'm all for bread, all the time but in this scenario, we had to ditch the other half.













The failure of a west coast style sandwich = a success of an open face sandwich!
I'm into it. I'm so into it.
Move over, sandwiches. I only have room for overspilling, one slice sandwiches in my life now.

No comments: