Monday, June 22, 2009

Chinese Perks

A few winning points about being Chinese...

1. Supposedly, you have great metabolism and are relatively skinny without really working out too hard. Unfortunately, that rule doesn't apply to me but props to all those I envy.
2. You are not afraid to eat anything because basically you grew up eating everything.
3. You have great, healthy shiny hair. Score one for me!
4. You are good with saving. (I said you are. Not me)
And, lastly and above all else...
You always get your fair share of dim sum!

























Pacificana, Sunset Park Brooklyn

This is our spot. Forget Chinatown. There isn't parking there and there definitely is no Pacificana. Solid fare and solid prices. And, Gia Lam is across the street. Vietnamese ice coffee that should be sold in the barrel size. You hear that? Gia Lam owners, if you're reading this... M, L, Barrel. My only request.

And my only second request, dim sum delivery. Any takers? No franchises want to get on that yet? I certainly can picture college kids rolling into a drive thru for the shui mai value meal with either a medium green tea or soy milk. Don't you? How about the dollar menu? We have egg tarts. 2 for $1.

Hey, a girl can dream can't she?

No comments: