Sunday, June 14, 2009

Sunday's Best

I woke up this morning... weary eyed.. lagged.. not well rested (that's what drinking lemonade at 3 am gets you!) and scurried out of my bed and into the kitchen.

Let me remind you, it's not very often that I don't lounge around for one hour watching approximately two minutes of every channel. In fact, I was so intensely driven by an urge to cook potatoes, that I did not even brush my teeth. Rosemary, olive oil, salt, pepper. I was going. Going fast. Chip, chop, stir, scramble, dance, rest, repeat.

I was happy with roasted potatoes and eggs until, father of mine showed up. With this!













My hidden weakness; vietnamese sandwiches. I said goodbye to the potatoes and hello to the crunchy baguette. 10 minutes into the sandwich, I bit into the most "Im hanging out at the center of an erupting volcano" piece. It was hot. No joke. Dead hot. The tea did nothing. The cola seemed to enhance the spiciness some more. Milk? No milk in fridge. Dubliner cheese? The brick was still sealed to perfection. Watermelon? Banana? More vietnamese sandwich? Bathroom time. My last resort included a toothbrush, toothpaste and frantic brushing skills.

The "Icy Cool Mint" did not hold up to its name. Mouth still scorched, I went for the most practical thing in the house.

Peanut butter fudge!
It had the dairy aspect that I needed from it. And, honestly, I wasn't too into the sour cream that would have held as option number two. At my confused state of mind, the fudge did the trick. I was eradicated from the scoville plague.

Wow. Is my tongue still there?
Pretty much. What a close one. I'm sidelining myself for 15 minutes.

No comments: