Sunday, October 18, 2009

Hail thee Bourdain

There is one thing that most people know about me. Im my own beat. That being a broken chord or some intense, metal solo, I feel like there isnt a replica of me out there. Or, hope there isnt because one, thats creepy and two, Im not follow or mimic worthy. Ive even been coined... "Thats so Christine" by many, and I laugh at it knowing that Im a definition in someone's vocabulary. That the term "Thats so Christine" could be a reference to sweater vests, eating peanut butter, 80s music, ginger beer, asian fury and many other gimmicky things.

But, one thing I definitely do not have a mind of my own is my love for Mr. Bourdain. Whatever Anthony Bourdain says, Christine will do. Whatever Anthony Bourdain wants, I probably want too. And, if Anthony Bourdain wants me to jump off a bridge, Im most definitely not jumping off any bridge. The point is... the man is an influential one and I had a chance to hear him speak at the NYC Food and Wine festival with one of the city's favorite chefs; David Chang.













Right off the bat, Bourdain was honest and truthful. He was no bad boy chef that everyone made him out to be. He's just verbal and he just doesnt agree with Rachel Ray or Paula Deen. Hey, its okay. Only so many people can be fans of donut hamburgers.

The talk was one of many laughs, curses and attacks. What it is to be in the culinary world! Ahhh.. More than ever, I need to open up my business. Whatever it is, I need to open it. Truck, bar, chain restaurant (I dont mean that), shop... Im all for it. Who's in for being my employee? Im paying minimum wage!

No comments: