Sunday, January 25, 2009

Calling All BFFs, French Parisians and Anyone Who Can't Turn Down That Friendly Neighbor, Sugar.

Getting paid is like an entrance ticket to another restaurant. Once that paycheck comes, I know I'm on board the fast track to Foodtown USA.

Take me there. NOW.

Why is wine and cheese the way to a women's heart (and hips)? With a trusty red, four solid cheese pairings, a leek/goat cheese quiche and two of my best girlfriends, those hearts and hips could not be happier.















Jadis, LES New York

Oh Jadis... How have I walked by you about 236738582735 times and not even give you a slight peek over the shoulder? Clearly, I can't defend myself in this round. I have no case. Throw me in the prison cell cause I'm red handed, guilty.

The atmosphere was perfect. Couches. Bookcases. Dim lighting; an essential for atmospheric perfection. Wonderful, attentive waitress. Smells comparable to a team of mothers, their mothers, and their mother's mother baking for hours on end. Foreign language background music. All winning points here.

And the food! AND THE WINE! You, Jadis... Oh you. I'll see you again.

Like all women, no night goes undone without some dessert.

We just need it, okay. I also run on salt, but the salted peanuts in my purse were not enough to suffice. Despite New York's frigid Saturday weather, there was no stopping us. We had one thing in mind, and one thing only; Chickalicious.

Chickalicious is a masterpiece. From the same owners of Dessert Club, also a top-of-the-notch gourmet bakery, you have Chickalicious, the first dessert bar in NYC. It's refined. It's romantic. It's $12 dollars, 3 courses and complete with words like amuse, red wine reduction, petit fours, and tartlet. It's for the full and not the hungry. Yet, very very satisfying.

My girlfriends all eyed the same main course, the toasted almond cake with apricots and almond ice cream. I forged ahead with the decision and the other two fell for the chocolate tart.



















Chickalicious, East Village New York

Come to my wedding, almond plate. You are definitely invited, times XL. While we gobble every course at record speed with very unlady-like poise, we appreciated all the aromas and flavors circulating our tongues. We wanted more. But, a tasting is a tasting and Dessert Club was right across the street for round two.

It's too easy to eat in this city.

No comments: