Thursday, January 1, 2009

The 2008 Roundup - Favorite Food Experiences of The Year

How does one figure out some numerical way of ranking food adventures of memories past?
Does it involve a cheap bill & the waiter's phone number?
Or do you consider spotting Robert Dinero while consuming your Tuna Tartare high on the list?
I'm not favorable to either.

And clearly the answer is...
With a glass of Asti Spumunti that's how! Cheers to the New Year.
And taste buds, service, your favorite people... you know. The old standbys.

It's hard to say what exactly are my favorite food moments of this year. A lot fit the bill. Maybe cause I'm young and my palette has not been developed, I don't have a clue in deciphering what's moderate, good, poor, excellent, above and beyond my wildest dreams. Get out of here, Christine. You're way over your head.

But, honestly... I have had a great year in food. Like I have proposed to 23 being the best year of my life, I'll also propose that I'll keep eating, keep trying, and keep enjoying what everyone has to offer. Except slimy things. That does not favor well on my tongue. Maybe I'm just not giving it enough love.

So, here it is! The "I MADE ITS!".













Au Pied Du Cuchon, Montreal Quebec
Yes! Foie gras... All the time. Every time. Approved. So approved!



















Pegu Club, NY NY
Why should we ever rule out drinks? It's a critical element in my food pyramid.




































Jean Talon Market, Montreal Quebec
You have to give it up for Montreal! If you have to make one pit stop in this city (besides hitting their ice-free slopes), make it this one. Affordable, fresh, tasty, lively, animated, all the positive words you can possibly find in the dictionary and the sister words found in the thesaurus.















Freemans, NY NY
It was the secret alley. It was the hanging lights streamed across the secret alley. It was the stuffed animals hanging on the wall. It was the stuffed animals on my plate. It was the spinach and artichoke dip. IT WAS DEFINITELY THE SPINACH ARTICHOKE DIP. And finally, it was the private back room I got to share with a few favorite people. Ahh... I could go back.

And there you have it. Let's see what you got 2009.

No comments: